Please keep checking our website for updates on London Underground actions this April and May
April 26th – Join TSSA at the Silk Mill May Day celebrations in Derby, marking the 180th anniversary of the strikes of 1833. Starts 11am (Silk Mill is in Derby Town Centre)
May 1st – May Day celebrations in London, Assemble in Clerkenwell Green EC1 12 Noon (nearest Tube is Farringdon), this year the March is honouring trade unionists Tony Benn and Bob Crow
If you have an action or activity that you would like included in our action newsletter and calendar, please contact Nadine Rae, National Organiser firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to keep the pressure up to keep East Coast under public ownership, fight station staff cuts and fare increases to make sure rail is affordable and accessible to all. You and your workmates can help.
What can your workplace/Branch do to help? Take 3 easy steps
1. Decide what you want to do as an action
2. Choose a week to do your action
3. Tell us so we can send you an action pack and determine how we can support you to be successful in your action.
No Workplace Noticeboard is complete without a Better Rail poster! If you need more, download from the following options:
Better Rail Poster Fighting for Better Railway Better Rail Poster Cutting Staff Better Rail Poster Standing Up Better Rail Poster Concerned Passenger Better Rail Poster Logo Red Better Rail Poster Logo White Better Rail Poster Blank
If you have an idea for a Better Rail poster slogan, email Nadine on email@example.com
The union is as strong as its members are willing to get active - that means we need you! Your TOC National Council have put together a range of campaign activities so that everyone can get involved in the fight for a better railway.
There are many ways you can get involved in our campaign. Here are a few of the campaign activities you can get active in now:
If you want to get involved but are not sure how or need some support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- A Quality Public Service that is publically owned and accountable with better stations, quality infrastructure and is integrated with other means of transport
- Better jobs, decent work, career opportunities
- A highly skilled workforce
- Safe to work, safe to travel
- Community has a voice and can shape the system
- Fares that are affordable and a railway that is cost effective – value for money
- Technology that improves the travel experience but is not an alternative to decent work or a quality public service
- Environmentally friendly transport
Tell us what you think will make a better railway: www.tssa.org.uk/better-rail-ideas
Many of the issues you face are the same as with other TOCs. Let us know directly what you think your top issues are. Log your issues online at: www.tssa.org.uk/issues