What can your workplace/Branch do to help? Take 3 easy steps
1. Decide what you want to do as an action
2. Choose a week to do your action
3. Tell us so we can send you an action pack and determine how we can support you to be successful in your action.
We are surveying our friends, family, workmates, and the general public as to what they want in a 'perfect' train station! Get your friends and colleagues to complete our postcard survey to support our fight for better services, staff at stations and to build a better railway.
No Workplace Noticeboard is complete without a Better Rail poster! In the June 2012 TSSA Journal you will find your very own pull-out workplace poster. If you need more, download from the following options:
Better Rail Poster Fighting for Better Railway Better Rail Poster Cutting Staff Better Rail Poster Standing Up Better Rail Poster Concerned Passenger Better Rail Poster Logo Red Better Rail Poster Logo White Better Rail Poster Blank
If you have an idea for a Better Rail poster slogan, email Nadine on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Government have started a consultation process on fares and ticketing, supposedly to ensure the public (you!) get to have a say on their proposals. Recent leaked emails show the Government aren’t waiting to hear passengers' views, instead they are making decisions with train operating companies on ticket office closures.
Download the secret emails and find out how you can challenge the Government's plans:
Do you have a good story to tell? Do you want to take part in producing short films on the issues affecting our railways? Our Film Action Group are producing a series of short films to highlight the impact of the McNulty report and proposed changes will have on our communities. If you would like to be involved in filming, acting, or just have a good idea, contact Ricky Jones on email@example.com
The union is as strong as its members are willing to get active - that means we need you! Your TOC National Council have put together a range of campaign activities so that everyone can get involved in the fight for a better railway.
There are many ways you can get involved in our campaign. Here are a few of the campaign activities you can get active in now:
If you want to get involved but are not sure how or need some support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- A Quality Public Service that is publically owned and accountable with better stations, quality infrastructure and is integrated with other means of transport
- Better jobs, decent work, career opportunities
- A highly skilled workforce
- Safe to work, safe to travel
- Community has a voice and can shape the system
- Fares that are affordable and a railway that is cost effective – value for money
- Technology that improves the travel experience but is not an alternative to decent work or a quality public service
- Environmentally friendly transport
Tell us what you think will make a better railway: www.tssa.org.uk/better-rail-ideas
Many of the issues you face are the same as with other TOCs. Let us know directly what you think your top issues are. Log your issues online at: www.tssa.org.uk/issues