We need to keep the pressure up to keep East Coast under public ownership, fight station staff cuts and fare increases to make sure rail is affordable and accessible to all. You and your workmates can help.
What can your workplace/Branch do to help? Take 3 easy steps
1. Decide what you want to do as an action
2. Choose a week to do your action
3. Tell us so we can send you an action pack and determine how we can support you to be successful in your action.
Here are the latest dates for TSSA campaign activities: Better Rail action newsletter Nov13
Oct 30 – East Coast Public Meeting, York, contact George Woods, email@example.com
Oct 31 – Year of Horror Halloween 2013
Join us to start a month of actions for public ownership, in Cardiff, Birmingham, or hold your own! Contact Malcolm Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov 5– 20th Anniversary of Privatisation of Rail, Action for Rail postcard actions. TSSA will be at over 10 locations that day including London Paddington, Derby, Bristol Temple Meads, Bath Spa, Clifton Down, York, Cardiff Queen St, Coventry and others TBC. Check on our website www.tssa.org.uk/better-rail Sign up to distribute postcards at a station, contact Rob Jenks email@example.com
Nov 12 &13 – North & West Reps Training Seminar, Sheffield. Register with your local regional organiser.
Nov 16 – Spectrum and Disability Working Group AGMs, Bristol, contact Taffy Evans on firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov TBC – East Coast Public Meeting, Doncaster, contact George Woods email@example.com
Nov 29-1 Dec – Future TSSA AGM for young members, York, contact Gary Kilroy on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an action or activity that you would like included in our action newsletter and calendar, please contact Nadine Rae, National Organiser email@example.com
No Workplace Noticeboard is complete without a Better Rail poster! If you need more, download from the following options:
Better Rail Poster Fighting for Better Railway Better Rail Poster Cutting Staff Better Rail Poster Standing Up Better Rail Poster Concerned Passenger Better Rail Poster Logo Red Better Rail Poster Logo White Better Rail Poster Blank
If you have an idea for a Better Rail poster slogan, email Nadine on firstname.lastname@example.org
The union is as strong as its members are willing to get active - that means we need you! Your TOC National Council have put together a range of campaign activities so that everyone can get involved in the fight for a better railway.
There are many ways you can get involved in our campaign. Here are a few of the campaign activities you can get active in now:
If you want to get involved but are not sure how or need some support, contact email@example.com for more details.
- A Quality Public Service that is publically owned and accountable with better stations, quality infrastructure and is integrated with other means of transport
- Better jobs, decent work, career opportunities
- A highly skilled workforce
- Safe to work, safe to travel
- Community has a voice and can shape the system
- Fares that are affordable and a railway that is cost effective – value for money
- Technology that improves the travel experience but is not an alternative to decent work or a quality public service
- Environmentally friendly transport
Tell us what you think will make a better railway: www.tssa.org.uk/better-rail-ideas
Many of the issues you face are the same as with other TOCs. Let us know directly what you think your top issues are. Log your issues online at: www.tssa.org.uk/issues