You are:

News

Return to news listings

Freightliner Management Pay Update - Further Suspension of Industrial Action

26 October 2011

Pending a revised three year pay offer we have agreed to suspend our industrial action until Monday 31st October pending feedback from members on whether to accept or reject this deal.

A further meeting to discuss the Management Pay Dispute took place with your reps on Monday morning. At this meeting management have proposed the following revised offer:

A three year deal based on the following-

  • Year 1 - Increase in pay with effect from 1 July 2011 to 30 June 2012 of 3.75% (for those salaried on £50k plus - the increase will be 3.25%)
  • Year 2 - Increase in pay with effect from 1 July 2012 to 30 June 2013 of 3.65% for ALL Management Grades irrespective of salary
  • Year 3 - Increase in pay with effect from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2014 of RPI minus 1% or 3.2% whichever is the greaterfor ALL Management Grade irrespective of salary.

As part of this offer the company are seeking agreement on a reduction of the annual bank holiday entitlement for NEW Entrants from 10 days down to 8. We have sought a commitment to further discuss the issue of excess management overtime.

Whilst this offer is not entirely reflective of that afforded to other grades, (the difference over the three years being 0.1% less) your reps consider that this the best that can be achieved through negotiation.

We would therefore request members consider this offer seriously as an alternative to the industrial action we have proposed. If the company receive confirmation of acceptance of this offer this week the increase will be applied from the next pay date (approximately 3 weeks time) with the arrears from July 2011 applied within the next two pay dates before Christmas.

We have informed the company that we will respond no later than Thursday 27 October in order for them to process the increases in pay should members accept.

We have also formally agreed with the company to suspend any industrial action for a further period up to Monday 31st October (which will commence should this offer be rejected)

Return to news listings

Join TSSA

 

 

Directory