You are:

News

Return to news listings

London Underground - ACAS update

21 January 2014

Today the TSSA and our sister unions attended exploratory talks with LU management at ACAS.

 

We made our position exceptionally as follows:

· Opposition to 953 job cuts in station grades

· Closure of every ticket office on the network

· Making every member of staff on stations re-apply for jobs

· Salary cuts of up to 10k

· This is 6% of the proposed cuts, and yet no information on the other 94%

· Further details of the wider impact on cuts to service delivery

· Little or no career progression in future

We also raised the sham of the consultation over the last 2 months. In 5 meetings we have had ‘death by power point’ when quite simply less than 10% of slides relate to the proposed changes on stations. The company are much busier repeating old slides from one meeting to the next and telling us how much the tube patronage along with investment continues to grow.

This is nothing short of an insult when on the one side they are busy telling you it’s the unions refusing to consult, when the truth is most of the consultation is pure spin and no substance!

Our concerns should be no surprise to LU management given we have raised the same issues over the last 2 months, time and again with virtually no response. Today we expected to actually meet management given we are available to talk and looking to avoid a dispute.

I have to report that over 4 hours at ACAS, LU management did not once make themselves available for direct talks with the unions. Whilst we have agreed to meet again this Friday (24/1), the lack of any discussion today is a clear indicator, they are not seriously looking to avoid industrial action.

Ballot closes 27 January, so vote YES YES and vote now before it is too late. It’s more imperative than ever that a clear message is sent to management that TSSA is not going to roll over and let you smash staff with a thousand cuts!

Return to news listings

Join TSSA

 

 

Directory