Our Proud History Fighting for Equalities
TSSA has proudly led the way on equalities for many years. This summary timeline of TSSA's history has a section on TSSA & Equality
TSSA History A Remarkable Journey
LGBT+ Seminar & Network Event
Manuel Cortes, General Secretary has invited all TSSA LGBT+ members to an LGBT+ in the Workplace seminar in Manchester, Friday August 26th. To apply please visit: www.tssa.org.uk/education2016
Equality Campaigns and Initiatives
Struggling to think of what you might do as an Equality Rep or champion in your Workplace or Branch? You can get involved now with the following Campaigns and Initiatives to further equality:
- Fair Pay, Equal Pay. Do you have a fair pay and grading system? Is your company plagued with a performance management system that is consistently unfair? If you answered yes, it is likely there will be issues of Equal Pay and inequality in your system. To find out more about what you can do, contact your local organiser or visit our Fair Pay, Equal Pay page www.tssa.org.uk/fairpay
- Neurodiversity Programme, build awareness of issues for people with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Autism Spectrum Disorders (including Asperges) and Attention Deficit Disorder. You can become a Neurodiversity Champion or help your existing Champions spread the word and support people who are neurodiverse find the information they need and get the reasonable adjustments to help them do their job. For more information go to www.tssa.org.uk/neurodiversity
- Dignity@Work, a series of things you can do to tackle stress, bullying and harassment in your workplace. Where these issues exist, so does inequality and discrimination. For more information on what you can do, go to www.tssa.org.uk/healthandsafety
- Self Organised Groups, we have groups who promote the interests of women, black and minority ethnic workers, younger and older workers, disabled workers, lesbian, gay bi-sexual and transgendered workers. For more info go to their pages in the box on the left hand side of this web page.
Training – We have a variety of training available to support any member who wishes to promote and celebrate equality and diversity in their branch or workplace. Our training will help you:
- Deal with difficult situations
- Bargain for equality policies and initiatives
- Support people who have disabilities or special needs in the workplace get the support they need
- Ensure people receive their Reasonable Adjustments
- Make a plan to change the culture of your workplace
Check out our Education Programme at: www.tssa.org.uk/education2016
Promotional Materials – we have various guides and toolkits available for you in hardcopy. We also have some posters and promotional materials available for existing initiatives and under development. Please go to www.tssa.org.uk/equality-resources for more information.
Equality Law – we have Reps Bulletins that summarise what you need to know on the Equality Act 2010. For more in-depth understanding, you may want to consider attending our Equality in the Workplace training. Please contact Val Stansfield, Employment Rights Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Campaigns and Initiatives – see above for initiatives you can get involved with right away.
Equality Newsletter – The latest Equality Newsletter will be available soon.
Useful links – We are building our list of useful links. If you have any links you would like to add to this list, please send them to us.