Online | Teams
• To introduce the role of TSSA Reps, how we work together, and core
• To increase understanding of the trade union approach to tackling issues.
• To develop skills to begin to effectively address members’ concerns.
• To understand TSSA’s equality agenda and how this benefits all members.
• Understand the key functions of a trade union and the role and responsibilities
of the rep.
• Know how to identify trade union issues in the workplace.
• Understand different means of handling members’ concerns
• Understand how TSSA functions and where to seek support and guidance.
• Understand equal opportunity as a trade union issue.
Scheme of work:
• The course will involve a mix of online self-paced learning and zoom
• The course will last 2 days.
• Links and resources will be available for reference.
• This course will provide a basis for further in-depth training around specific
H&S issues and themes