- For all TSSA Reps. To explore different methods of communication with members and colleagues to ensure the union is visible and engaged.
- To ensure TSSA is active and visible within the workplace.
- To establish clear lines of communication with the people we represent.
- To explore techniques to better engage colleagues.
- Understand GDPR compliant means of maintaining accurate data.
- Know how to communicate with colleagues using a variety of means.
- Know how to effectively use communication facilities provided by employers.
- Be confident in speaking with members and colleagues about issues at work.
- Understand how to challenge and be challenged in difficult circumstances.
Scheme of work:
- The course will involve a mix of online self-paced learning and zoom discussions
- The course will last 2 days.
- Links and resources will be available for reference.
Member advice from our Helpdesk
If you are a TSSA member and are looking for advice or assistance in connection with your employment or membership, you can contact our Members’ Helpdesk.
We can advise on a range of workplace issues including; discipline and grievance hearing, maternity rights and redundancy.
Helpdesk opening hours: 09:00 - 17:00 Monday - Thursday | 09:00 - 16:00 Friday
Please note: we cannot undertake to provide advice to non-members, to members of other unions, or to members on behalf of their partners/friends. If you are not yet a member, please join TSSA online.