The TSSA Disability Working Group is a group for TSSA members who have disabilities as defined in the Equality Act.
Aims of our Group
The TSSA Disability Working Group exists to advance the interests of TSSA members with disabilities by:
- Providing support for TSSA members with disabilities, and striving to increase their active participation in union affairs;
- Campaigning on issues facing TSSA members with disabilities, within the union, within the workplace, and in society in general;
- Raising awareness of disability issues amongst the TSSA membership, amongst employers, and in society in general;
- Ensuring effective representation of TSSA members with disabilities;
- Advising the TSSA Executive Committee on matters relating to disabilities
The TSSA Disability Working Group had its inaugural meeting on Saturday 27 November 2005 and was created to provide a safe, caring forum for members who have any type of disability to come along and discuss any issues or concerns they may have.
ALL members will be given the opportunity to put their opinions forward.
Too often people with disabilities are excluded. The policy of this group is inclusion not exclusion.