About this course
- To introduce the role of TSSA Reps, how we work together, and core activities.
- To increase understanding of the trade union approach to tackling issues.
- To develop skills to begin to effectively address members’ concerns.
- To understand TSSA’s equality agenda and how this benefits all members.
- Understand the key functions of a trade union and the role and responsibilities of the rep.
- Know how to identify trade union issues in the workplace.
- Understand different means of handling members’ concerns
- Understand how TSSA functions and where to seek support and guidance.
- Understand equal opportunity as a trade union issue.
Scheme of work:
- The course will involve a mix of online self-paced learning and zoom discussions
- The course will last 2 days.
- Links and resources will be available for reference.
- This course will provide a basis for further in-depth training around specific H&S issues and themes