About this course
- To introduce the role of Safety Committees and consultation with Unions over H&S at work.
- To increase understanding of Safety Committees and the requirement for employer consultation with Unions.
- To develop practical knowledge of how to work within Safety Committees.
- To understand how to consult effectively with employers.
- Know the law establishing the right to a Safety Committee.
- Identify the key role and responsibility of a Safety Committee.
- Understand the framework for consultation with Union Reps over H&S at work.
- Understand the role of a Safety Committee member.
- Know how Union Reps can use Safety Committees and the consultation to improve H&S at work.
Scheme of work:
- The course will involve a mix of online self-paced learning and zoom discussions
- The course will last 1 day.
- Links and resources will be available for reference.