About this course
- To introduce the specific role of a TSSA IR Rep, key skills and knowledge.
- To increase understanding of the trade union approach to industrial relations.
- To develop skills to engage members and potential members.
- To play a key role in improving members’ lives at work.
- Know the role and functions of a trade union representative.
- Understand the basics of UK employment law.
- Know how your recognition agreement works and how to use it..
- Know the trade union approach to tackling issues at work.
- Be able to inform and involve members around workplace issues.
- Be confident in representing members individually and collectively.
- Understand ways in which our trade union organises collectively.
Scheme of work:
- The course will involve a mix of online self-paced learning and zoom discussions.
- The course will last 2 days.
- Links and resources will be available for reference.
- This course will provide a basis for further in-depth training around specific issues and themes.