For some time now TSSA members at Avanti West Coast have been facing a multitude of issues. A recent survey of members has shown just how much impact these unresolved issues have had on our members through such challenging times. Despite your reps’ best efforts, the company have been unwilling to resolve the issues and instead have proceeded to make changes and decisions regardless of what members and reps have raised with them. Some of these issues are shared with members of other unions, some are very specific to TSSA members, but the company is frustrating us all equally. Processes for consultation and dispute resolution have not been respected and/or not led to any progress, leaving your TSSA reps with no choice but to take the matters back to members and ask what you are prepared to do to ensure the company will listen and respect your opinion.
Here’s what you can do to help:
- Update your membership details immediately, especially if there have been changes to your workplace, job role or home address. You can do this by logging in to the membership section of our website, or contacting your rep, or let us know by emailing email@example.com
- Get in touch with your workplace rep to make sure you have the latest information and they know which issues are most important to you
- Keep checking our website for further updates
- Ask a colleague to join TSSA
- Volunteer to be a workplace contact or rep
Further information will be available for members over the next few days, so please make sure we have your correct your information as stated above.
For more information contact your workplace reps or Helpdesk@tssa.org.uk