TSSA is announcing both action short of strike and strike action for all our members in Great Western Railways (GWR).
Strike Action will take place for work that commences between 12:00 (noon) on Thursday 6 October and Friday 7 October at 11:59.
Action Short of Strike will take place on both Saturday 1 October and Wednesday 5 October between 00:01 to 23:59 on those days. We have also submitted notice of Action short of Strike to take place between 12:00 on Friday 7 October until 23:59 on Sunday 11 December.
All GWR TSSA members are asked to participate in Action Short of strike on the above dates as follows:
- Ban on undertaking contingency duties arising from industrial action
- Ban on out of hours work communication
During the periods above TSSA members at GWR can legitimately refuse to:
- Carry out contingency duties such as Driving or conducting Trains,etc
- Conduct out of hours work communications, such as phone calls, emails, texts, messages etc
What if I'm due to start work before 12:00 (noon) on Thursday 6 October? If you are due to commence work on Thursday 6 October before noon then you should start and finish that period of work, however if your work commences at anytime within the period of strike action (between 12:00 noon 6 October and 11:59 7 October) then none of that work should be carried out even if it is due to end after 11:59 on 7 October.
Your GWR reps are particularly keen to see a resolution to our dispute and recognise that maximising the impact on train services over a longer period of time will increase pressure on the employer.
We are demanding a guarantee of:
• No compulsory redundancies
• A pay rise which meets the cost-of-living crisis
• No unagreed changes to terms and conditions
An agreement is possible, but for now we must remain strong and united in our determination to ensure that meaningful talks do happen, and they do reach a conclusion that is fair for all.