TSSA is announcing additional action short of strike for all our members in Great Western Railways (GWR).
I want to thank all our GWR members who took strike action last week and who are participating in our Action Short of Strike (ASOS). We demonstrated that TSSA have the industrial might to have a real impact on the train service and that you and your demands need to be taken seriously! Combined with action from our sister unions in that week we had a major impact on the network and demonstrated the strength of our members’ demands for a resolution to our dispute.
Our reps met this week and decided to escalate our Action Short of Strike (ASOS) by adding an additional type of ASOS to the list that we have previously employed.
We have therefore written to the company today to give notice that we are calling members to participate in:
- No double desking (no carrying out work of absent colleagues and vacancies)
From 00:01 on Thursday 27th October 2022 to 23:59 on Sunday 11th December 2022
During the period of dispute TSSA members can legitimately refuse to:
- cover the work of absent colleagues and vacancies whether they are within the same role, different roles or previous roles that no longer exist
We are aware that there are a variety of situations where the company is seeking to force our members to cover the work of other roles/grades, colleagues within the same role.
This ASOS is in addition to the previous action short of strike that was called which is currently live and running until 23:59 on 11th December which is:
In summary, all GWR TSSA members are asked to participate in Action Short of strike on the above dates as follows:
- Ban on undertaking contingency duties arising from industrial action
- Ban on out of hours work communication
- From 00:01 on Thursday 27th October 2022 Ban on double desking (no carrying out work of absent colleagues and vacancies)
During the periods above TSSA members at GWR can legitimately refuse to:
- Carry out contingency duties such as Driving or conducting Trains, covering fleet grades etc whilst those grades are taking strike action
- Conduct out of hours work communications, such as phone calls, emails, texts, messages etc
- From 00:01 on Thursday 27th October 2022 cover the work of absent colleagues and vacancies whether they are within the same role, different roles or previous roles that no longer exist